There are simple ways by which you can make the exterior of your home look better. Your neighbors will thank you and your spirits will be lifted when you see the results of what a few fix-ups can do for your home. From sweeping your porch to repairing a cracked porch step, it's the little things that make the difference when trying to increase your home's curb appeal.
1. Porch Paint - A fresh coat of paint for your porch can cover up rusty railings or peeling wood siding on your porch.
2. Roof Cleaning - Moss and fungus growth are a common occurrence on asphalt shingles. Cleaning your roof to remove these unsightly black spots will really improve your home's exterior appearance. Follow roof safety guidelines while up on your roof (wear a harness, wear non-slip shoes, use gloves, etc.). Alternatively, hire a roof cleaning company to clean your roof for you.
3. Siding Repair- A missing piece of siding can create an uneven appearance. Repair or replace missing pieces of siding. Wood siding is easy to fix and can be completed by most beginner do-it-yourselfers. For areas of the siding that are rotted, patch with some exterior-grade wood putty.
4. Wash Your Siding - Use a hose and some liquid soap to wash the siding on your house. Avoid using a power washer as it could end up damaging the siding and leave water behind the siding.
5. Gutter Repair - After the winter, some gutters become loose or unattached. To prevent water damage and leaks into your home, promptly re-hang the gutter. A down gutter in a yard or driveway is unsightly.
6. Remove Mold - Mold on the outside of your home can be removed easily by using some mold-removal products. Removing the mold is as easy as spray and wash. For harder mold stains, some scrubbing may be necessary.
7. Light Fixtures - Updating your outdoor light fixtures will not only increase your curb appeal, but also help save money. Most outdoor light fixtures are low-voltage and are powered by energy-saving light bulbs (such as LED bulbs).
8. Mailbox - Whether your mailbox is at your curb or attached to your porch, if it's old, it's unsightly and should be replaced. There are a wide variety of styles and colors to choose from. Select a mailbox that will compliment your porch dÃ©cor or exterior house color.
9. Trim Bushes - Trimming your bushes can make a shabby looking exterior turn into a manicured, clean exterior. If you don't have a trimming tool, purchase one! It is a great investment and will help keep your home looking clean and fresh.
10. Flowers - Planting just a few flowers can boost your curb appeal. Hanging baskets are a simple and low maintenance way to increase your curb appeal and your porch dÃ©cor.
There are currently no comments on this post. Be the first one!